Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Remebering 2010...

So, this started out as a 'Top Ten Songs of 2010' list, but that list turned into a top twenty real quick. So here are my top ten bands and singers of 2010. Maybe you'll learn of someone new? Enjoy, Assata xx.


1.Lady Gaga

She totally ran this year with her intoxicating beats and catchy lyrics...and she didn't even release an album this year. Nonetheless, she rocked 2010 for it was worth; she was everywhere! I love her soo much and I can't wait for her new album in 2011.

favorites: Speechless, Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say), Telephone, Bad Romance, Paper Gangster,

2.John Mayer

So, I am severely obsessed with John Mayer. I literally listen to him for hours. His latest album, Battle Studies proved to be really good even if it wasn't as good as his last, Continuum, it was good in it's own right. Now, I know that there are alot of people who have bad press against him, but no matter what your opinion of him is you can't deny that his music is less that brilliant.

favorites: Edge of Desire, Do You Know Me, Neon, 83, Daughters, Vultures, Stop This Train, Heart of Life, Clarity, Wheel, Heartbreak Warfare

3.Vampire Weekend

OMG. I don't know how I could've gone through this year without listening to Vampire Weekend every day.
Their ska and dancehall beats against their witty lyrics fill me with such joy. Even my mom loves them! One of my big plans for 2011 is to see them in concert. Sounds exactly like my kinda party.

favorites: Diplomat's Son, Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa, A-Punk, Cousins, The Kids Don't Stand A Chance, Bryn, I Stand Corrected

4.Nirvana

This band seemed to become more prominent in my life as I realized that I couldn't stop from becoming an angsty teen. They covered teen angst better than anyone ever had and ever will. It saddens me so much to know that I can only have four albums worth of their music.

favorites:In Bloom, About a Girl, Territorial Pissings, Anuerysm, Come As You Are, Rape Me

5.The Smiths

I found out about them when I saw the movie (500) Days of Summer, like lots of other people. But I like to do my reserarch, so I started with their first album and it quickly went into constant rotation. They quickly became one of my favorite bands of all time. I adore the heartfelt lyrics that Morrisey pours onto the obviousyl 80s music.

favorites: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, This Charming Man, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Frankly, Mr. Shankly, Headmaster's Rituals,

6. Katy Perry

She totally rocked the charts with all of her amazing songs off of Teenage Dream. After her first album, I heavily anticpated her next album and Teenage Dream didnt fail me.

favorites:Teenage Dream, Fireworks, Self-Inflicted, Mannequin,

7. MGMT

They are bringing psychedelic rock back! I had only heard a couple of their songs before I read their album review in Rolling Stone magazine. I put alot of trust in Rolling Stone and their review was really good so I checked them out when their album came. Rolling Stone totally came through for me...and now I love them.

favorites: Song for Dan Treacy, It's Working, Siberian Nights, Flash Delirium,

8. B.o.B

He definitely brought something different to the rap game this yar. With the hipster flair of Kid Cudi (whom I also loove) and the heaviness and epicness of Eminem, he brought the a Southern flow that I really liked. During the summer, Turn Me On from his mixtape was my summer song. Then his album came out..and I had it on repeat for a solid week. And he did an awesom cover ofVampire Weekend's The Kids Don't Stand A Chane. I loved all the collaborations he did, like with Hayley Williams from Paramore, Rivers Cumo from Weezer, and Janelle Monae.

favorites: The Kids, Magic, Turn Me On,

9.Taylor Swift

As a teenage girl, I love songs  about how much boys suck....how we can't live without them. About falling out with our friends and picking back up after time. Nonetheless, her album was a big hit this year and

favorites: Mine, Back to December, Our Song, Breathe

10. Justin Bieber

Whether you love him or you hate him, he was a big part of what made pop music in 2010. Regardless of good or bad, everyone has an opinion about him. I'm not super duper crazzy about him, but he has some catchy songs and I couldn't imagine a realistic 2010 list without him on it. I don't see him slowing down in anyway! I just hope he doesn't go crazy and end up in teeny-booper oblivion.
favorites: U Smile, Pray, Down to Earth, Baby,

No comments:

Post a Comment