Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Songs on My Summer Playlist

Hey guys, summer is just starting and its the PERFECT time to make playlist for longs drives or for that time in the middle of the afternoon when you've got the house to yourself, or just for hanging with your best friends. Here's some songs that are on my summer playlist...

Island in the Sun - Weezer
 This song is so sweet and suttle. Its the perfect example of summer: too short, isolated, and soon to be a distant memory. This song is literally summer in three minutes and twenty seconds. The melody and the music is so sweet, but the message is very sad; just like summer, the sunshine and the time to relax is really nice, but its depressing because you know its going to be over way too soon and you'll be back to reality.
Best lyric: "On an island in the sun, we'll be playing and having fun. And it makes me feel so fine, I can't control my brain."

Summer Hair = Forever Young - The Academy Is...
This song is so infectious! Its  a song that I'm always going to connect with feeling young. Words cannot express. It's one of my favorite TAI songs and I could (and have) listen to it over and over again.
Best lyric: "Don't you wonder why, suddenly we're all running out of time?"

Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
 This is pretty much the ultimate summer song for EVERYONE! Its so relatable to anyone's summer experience: chilling out with your friends, being with family, summer romances, the list goes on. And the video reminds me of my past summers because I did always play outside with my friends and dress nicer because I didn't have to wear a uniform, and spend more time at family gatherings and just didn't have a single care in the world.
Best lyric:"School is out and it's a sort of a buzz, but back then I didn't really know what it was. But now I see what have of this, the way that people respond to summer madness."

Summertime Clothes - Animal Collective
It's a very fun and kind of silly song. It reminds me of playing around with my cousins in the yard all day long and being content with the fact that that's all I would be doing. Despite the unbearable heat, we'd be ok with playing until it got dark and then going back in the house and continueing to play and be silly. This song is amazing because it reminds us each of the best times of our lives.
Best lyric: "Walkin' around in our summertime clothes, know where to go where our bodies go."

No Such Thing - John Mayer
This song most reminds me of summer because I listened to it on repeat during the summer after freshman year. I got the cd from the library and I was suprised at how much of the album I knew. While at home by myself, I would play this cd on repeat. Then when I when to Europe, I played in on my ipod over and over.
Best lyric:"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world, just a lie you got to rise above." 

What's on your summer playlists??
-Assata xx

No comments:

Post a Comment