Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 2

 Today, it all ends. Today the last installment of the Harry Potter series premieres and I am going to cry like a baby. Why you ask? Because this premiere is pretty much the ending of my childhood; it's kind of a smack in the face with adulthood. Harry Potter has been a part of my life since I was in first grade. I saw the movies with my mom, I got the books for Easter and Christmas, I pretended to have duels with my cousin. I waited for my own letter of acceptance into Hogwarts. The characters were so real sometimes I felt like they were my own friends. So, yes I am going to dearly miss anticipating the nexty chapter of Harry's life. What I love most about the films is that they're almost exactly like the books, which is extremely rare for films adapted from books. So when you go to your local movie theatres and see people dressed as Hogwarts students or like notable characters, don't laugh, because they aren't just some silly fandom; they are celebrating good literature and genius and childhood and magic. And their costumes might have cost them. In case you've been living under a rock in the middle of the dessert here's the trailer.



"Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."
-J.K.Rowling

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this weekend is fastidious for me, for the reason that this
    time i am reading this enormous informative post here at my residence.


    Also visit my page; ranking kredytów

    ReplyDelete