Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oops... I Ripped Off Your Song?


Did one of America's favorite pop queens rip off the Bellamy Brothers? They seem to think so! Everyone is raving about the new Britney hit, "Hold it Against Me". However, some feel it sounds eerily similar to the Bellamy Brothers 1979 county hit, "If I said You Had a Beautiful Body". David Bellamy said, "If you listen to the lyrics of Britney Spears' new single, you'll find some major similarities... She's a talented gal. But professionally, well, in all honesty, we feel completely ripped off. Where's the originality?". 


Here's the evidence. The Britney tune goes... 
"If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?" 
The Bellamy Hit goes...
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"


More than a coincidence if you ask me. I'm all for a Britney comeback, but not at the expense of creativity. - Jazz



No comments:

Post a Comment